Tulsa, OK, United States
Accounting, Oil Gas
Nov 17, 2020
Mar 02, 2021
Accountant Senior I
Job ID #: 21917
3 - 5 Years
May be Considered
0279 -KMI - MIDSTREAM ACCOUNTING :KMI
Gas plant accountant
• Generate and record timely and accurately 3rd party and inter-company sales invoices.
• Utilize automated plant allocation system to process and record plant settlement transactions to the general ledger.
• Ensure payments are properly and timely approved and paid.
• Work with third party pipelines to monitor PTR allocations.
• Accurately record liquids and gas sales/purchases.
• Ensure that the automated plant allocation system results are timely and accurately reconciled with information in the General Ledger and outside pipeline / plant statements.
• Reconcile each balance sheet account assigned. Identify and timely resolve/clear any reconciling items. Ensure that entries are appropriately classified and in the correct account.
• Respond timely to both internal and external customer needs. Periodically solicit feedback from internal clients for performance and improvement.
• For assigned assets/customer, clear/resolve AR issues on a timely basis.
• Prepare internal and external company reports, including reports to regulatory agencies and industry associations pertaining to purchase, production, sale, and exchange of natural gas and natural gas liquids.
• Special projects as assigned, including participation in systems development and testing.
• Candidate must have an Accounting degree
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in oil & gas industry
•Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are needed to effectively communicate with various levels of management
•Advanced Excel skills and experience with gas systems (TIPS experience a plus)
•Must be self-motivated, able to multitask, and work independently
•Must be able to function well in a team environment
•Strong critical thinking ability is required to analyze plant activities and apply GAAP accordingly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Website : http://www.kindermorgan.com